Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Hiding a Category

edited August 2012 in Questions
Is there a way to hide a category from the category list but still be able to link to it? I know that I can change permissions as to who can view a category but what we would like to do is simply have a banner link for it instead of having it in the list. Is this possible?

Comments

• Sure, which category did you want to hide?
  • We would like to hide the "Reviews" category, I will check with the other mods and see if this is indeed what they would like, I will post back here.

Thanks as always Lincoln!
  • Sure thing, I'll wait until I have confirmation from you to move forward.
  • Ok, we would like to hide the "Reviews" category.

Thanks for all of the help Lincoln!
  • Lincoln,

We are also having issues with Pockets and their visability. Some members can see the items we put in the pockets (and messages) but some can't.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Chris, I hid the Reviews category.

Some of your Pockets contained invalid HTML markup. For instance, the Donation pocket had reversed 'form' and 'center' closing tags. Also, 'center' is no longer a valid HTML tag. I replaced all your 'center' tags with a 'div' tag that has style="text-align: center;" applied.

Hopefully that will improve their visibility between browsers. If not, I'll need to know which users are having issues and what browsers they are using.
  • Ok, thank you.

Honestly, I'm rather ignorant to HTML and know just enough to be dangerous.

Here is a link to the thread:
    http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/6704/new-chat-widget#latest
  • It's possible his office blocks your chat client.
  • edited September 2012
    I just thought that as well. I know some of our members are using very archaic computers.

Thank you for your help on the issue, truly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.