Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Hide the Sign In & Register links in mobile views?

For the initial roll out of our forum, we're planning to make it essentially a read-only site.  We've used the "Customize Theme" options to edit the HTML to suppress the welcome and sign in messages, and used CSS to hide the Sign-In and Register buttons:

.Note.Closed.SignInOrRegister {    display: none; }

On desktop view, this is doing exactly what we want.  However, on mobile devices, the sign in and register buttons and links are still appearing. I've tried every combo of CSS I can think of to try to suppress these sections, but nothing is working. I see a few old threads hinting mobile CSS can't be editted.  Is this true?  If so, what are my options?  I don't see anywhere in the options to disable the mobile theme, so do I need to request to have desktop only?  I'd like to see how this would look on a mobile device, since we're embedding the forum into an otherwise mobile optimized site.

Jason

Comments

• LauraLaura Support, Staff
    Hey Jason! 

For now the mobile theme is not editable. We can disable the mobile theme for you, just send a note to support@vanillaforums.com and we'll be able to toggle it off for your account. 

Note that setting the forum to "Invitation Only" will suppress buttons and links to register for an account (it will leave the sign-in options, however) 

Let me know if you need anything else! 
This discussion has been closed.