Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Badges from Non-Hosted Version

NicoleNicole Member
edited May 30 in Questions
Hello, I am getting ready to launch my hosted version of my forum, but I noticed an issue with the user Activity feed. You'll notice on the attached screenshot that the 'Badges' activity from our Non-Hosted version is still showing up. These badges were from a Plugin called YAGA and it seems that they carried over when we did our initial Vanilla-to-Vanilla Database Migration. How can we make sure these don't show up when we do our final Vanilla-to-Vanilla DB Migration? Thanks

https://ibb.co/hhJUOF
Tagged:

Comments

• LauraLaura Support, Staff
    You can disable them from your dashboard (http://thispipelife.vanillacommunity.com/badge/all). You can toggle on the corresponding vanilla ones, if you prefer. If you want the developer doing you migration to direct you on omitting them, I would communicate that directly to the agent handling it for you.  
  • NicoleNicole Member

We have already set up our badges in the hosted solution, the problem is that we don’t want the user to see the old YAGA badges in their activity feed. Are you saying that the developer who will be handling our migration can ensure that activity doesn’t come over during the migration? We just want to make sure we don’t have these broken images and badges that no longer exist in the activity feed.

• LauraLaura Support, Staff
    Did you have someone handling your migration when you preformed the test? Generally they would be able to answer questions about this before completing the migration, because I don't have the particulars of your migration on hand, I would want to deffer to the people who are familiar with the data you passed over previously. 

If you don't have a line of communication open for that, I can investigate further. Just file a ticket with support@vanillaforums.com so I can pass it along. 
This discussion has been closed.