Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Unconfirmed Members

Hi,

I have been trying to set up our membership levels so that unconfirmed members can only 

Comments

• LauraLaura Support, Staff
    Lynne,

I think your message is incomplete? 
  • Oh dear.  I'm sorry. I'm not sure what happened there.

Right.  I'm trying to set up our community so that unconfirmed members can only view most posts and post comments on a few, not start discussions, or send private messages.  But no matter how I configure it, people seem to be defaulting to Member status straight away.  Is there something I have missed? 
    Unconfirmed is a status that is for email confirmation, so they are confirming their email addresses and getting their member permissions. The only way to completely filter users before they post, is through the applicant role. You can set registration to Approval in /dashboard/settings/registration

If you are looking to block certain spam addresses or something similar, we have some prevention methods that may work. 
  • I don't really want to go down the applicant route.  I also have members who swear they have confirmed their mail address, but are still showing up as Unconfirmed.  Is their status meant to change?
    Lynne,

If you email support with some examples of accounts that have the unconfirmed status, I can look into it further.

Thanks!
  • Will do, thanks. 
This discussion has been closed.