Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Using WishList Member to Set Permissions in a Vanilla Forum

imageUsing WishList Member to Set Permissions in a Vanilla Forum

WishList Member is a popular membership solution that lets you turn your WordPress site into a members’s only site. Vanilla has recently created a WishList Members extension so that you can partially or completely restrict access to your Vanill ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• great plugin we will add it to Wishlist Member plugins website at: http://wishlistmemberplugins.net

We have always used simplePress with wishlist member but this one give an alternative.
  • This is NOT relevant and I apologize, but for some reason I can't find where to add a new topic... Anywho... I am try to create a forum that will have both public and private forums... Is this possible? I what there to be a general forum and then private forums that either I assign members to or they can invite each other... I see this is an option separately but can't figure out how to do it on one site? Is this possible or do I need to create sub domains? And install separate forums?
  • @Eliteoomph You can create categories in your forum that are restricted to members who are in a specified role. The forum will be public but some categories will be hidden from the public. We don't support members inviting members to join a category.