Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

How do I add Google analytics?

edited April 2012 in Questions
How do I add Google Analytics to my forum? Just adding the Google code to the head breaks the forum, but there is no plugin for Google Analytics.

Comments

• Hi James, just email me your code and I'll add it. lincoln@vanillaforums.com

The problem is it currently conflicts with our default analytics code so we have to switch it out manually.
  • I sent it over. Thanks, Lincoln.
  • Howdy James, apologies for the delay. You're all set now. You should start receiving data from this afternoon onward.
  • Thanks again, Lincoln.
  • Lincoln, I can see that you added the script to my page when I look at the HTML. But no data is showing up in Google Analytics. Do I need to do anything else on my end?
  • No, it should've started working. Can you confirm the account number in the HTML matches your account?
  • edited April 2012
    It matches.
  • Hi James, because you're using a custom domain name there was a mismatch between the domain in the Analytics code & your site. I've customized the Analytics code to match your domain name as well. This should be fixed now.
This discussion has been closed.