Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Gibberish discussions

edited April 2012 in Questions
http://boyzforum.com/search?Search= returns gibberish discussions. Does this mean the database is corrupted?

• Howdy @superlove, if you search for nothing (a blank search box) like that I believe it returns all comments. What result were you expecting?
  • Nothing specifically, but it surprised me that the results that came out were not actual discussions or comments but bits and pieces of code. Is that normal?
  • I'm not seeing bits of code. Could you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?
  • This is what I get -
  • Thanks for the screenshot, @superlove. It looks like those are corrupted comments that shouldn't be there, not necessarily a search-specific issue. I'll have a closer look.
  • I've determined you had some incorrect discussion data on your site which I have removed. That should solve the gibberish issue you were seeing. Let us know if you see anything like that again.
This discussion has been closed.