Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Change forum's URL

How can I change the URL pointing to my forum from xxx.vanillaforums.com to yyy.vanillaforums.com?

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Hi Steve, it sounds like setting up a custom domain would be the best thing for you.

http://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/custom-domain-name/

• Hi Patrick, we're not quite at the stage yet. I'm still in the convince folks we should do this stage and I'm trying to remove a potential bump in the road.

• What would you like the forum renamed to?

• hospitalitycommunity.vanillaforums.com

Thanks!
    _________
    Steve Hiatt
    Bottger Mansion Bed and Breakfast
    www.bottger.com
  • You're all set

• Thank you very much!
    _________
    Steve Hiatt
    www.bottger.com
  • Hi Patrick,

After the move all the links to images were broken. I've fixed the ones in the forum and profiles, but links in the dashboard, i.e. mobile themes, I can't fix.

Thanks,
    Steve
    _________
    Steve Hiatt
    www.bottger.com
  • LauraLaura Support, Staff

Hey Steve!

Clicking around your site and dashboard, I was not encountering any errors. You may want to clear your cache. If you can point me to some specific examples, I will check them out and see what the issue might be. The link to mobile themes in the dashboard seems to be alright on my end, though.

Thanks!
    -Laura

• Hi Laura,

There were a bunch of links broken ealry this morning, but they were back around 11 am MT. I thought you had already fixed them. Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers,
    Steve
    _________
    Steve Hiatt
    www.bottger.com
This discussion has been closed.