Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Site slow - Unable to delete a comment

edited February 2012 in Questions
Are these know problems or do you need us to report these to you?

• Were you getting an error message or is the site timing out?
  • it was on my 1st site that starts with a C
  • I'm not able to find a problem; I successfully made a comment and deleted it.

Again, did you get an error message, was the site timing out, or was it just delayed?
  • edited February 2012
    Forgive me as i am new to all this... I don't know what timing out means.

I posted a second video. It posted OK... I tried to delete the post by clickingthe Delete button, IE stopped responding. I refereshed the page, then clicked the square. a popo up came with Delete and Cancel. I clicked Delete, and IE stopped responding. I am unable to delete that second video.

By the way, I am only testing the 3 sites at this stage... I have not invited any members.

I used the AOL browser. Same problem. I am guessing it is from your end.
  • Feedback: I was finally able to delete the 2nd video (with a few seconds delay), but the pop up screen were hidden behind the videos, that I was barely able to click the Delete Button, and just the bottom left corner of a button that Iassume said YES...
  • edited February 2012
    Ah, that makes more sense. What version of IE are you using?

There's an issue in older browsers where it's basically impossible to make a popup (like the "Delete Confirmation" window) to appear over a Flash element (like that YouTube video). I believe we've worked around it as much as possible.
  • IE 9 - Do you need any more details?
  • No, I need to do a little testing and I'll get back to you.

I'm generally not hopeful about being able to remedy this, but I didn't think IE9 was effected by the issue, so I'll look into it.
  • It's a little irritation. No big deal. I will continue to bring to your attention any bugs. I did testing for many Betas, so I enjoy helping out.
This discussion has been closed.