Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Problems with Advanced Search

Just had the Advanced Search upgraded for our forum and it worked splendidly for a few days, but now we're having some issues. Specifically:

1) Auto-suggest in the search box (from the home page) isn't working

2) Conversation aren't being consolidated into one result with a smaller note listing how many comments are included like they use to be. Now, we're back to the old format of listing only individual comments in a discussion - which often really clutters up the search results

3) Advanced search doesn't seem to be working properly. If I enter "Shopify" in the title field, none of the results have "Shopify" in the discussion title.

Thanks for looking into this.

Andrew

Tagged:

Comments

• Tim GunterTim Gunter Administrator, Operations, Staff

You should be all set now Andrew, this was an issue during yesterday's move.

• Fantastic, thanks Tim - appreciated! Confirmed things are working properly again.

With the Advanced Search, one thing members have said is that they weren't aware the advanced search options were available before I told them. By default, the advanced operators are all hidden unless you click on the small triangle which can be very easy to miss.

Is there a way to either:

1) Create a link / version of the search page that has all the advanced operators shown by default, or

2) Create a text link below the search bar that says something along the lines of "Advanced Search Options"? This would be ideal.

Even better would be if I could create my own version of a search page that had the search bar, and some text / video describing how to use the advanced features and operators. A quick little tutorial on the page - or a link to a search tutorial - would be super helpful. Any way to do this via templating on my end?

Thanks for any ideas / help you can offer.

Thanks,

Andrew

• LauraLaura Support, Staff

Andrew,

That is not currently a feature, and forcing the advanced search to be expanded by default would require customization. Its certainly something we'll keep in mind for the future.

Thanks!
    -Laura

This discussion has been closed.