Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

Member Registration

edited February 2012 in Questions
Is there a way for a Free forum to require approval of a new member before a new member can start reading and posting?

Thank you.

• All forum plans (including free) are able to set whatever registration method they want and use the Stop Forum Spam plugin that further limits spam's ability to make it thru.
  • OK, can you please add a "Registration Settings" under "users" in my Dashboard, please? It is not there.
  • edited February 2012
    Here's the situation. I was incorrect, registration settings are not available on the free account. My mistake. I favor adding it to the free plan (trading it with some features that I don't believe are critical with the free plan) but that's going to take me some time to arrange, assuming we decide to follow thru with it.

For now, since I was in error, I'd be willing to manually change your registration to "Application" on your site if you'd prefer.
  • edited February 2012
    In regards to your other discussions: Please don't create duplicate discussions for a topic. My delay in reply was deliberate; I was attempting to make a policy change to assist you. I apologize for not being more communicative while I was doing this. Unfortunately it's not a simple change, hence my explanation above.
  • edited February 2012
    Thank you Lincoln for many things:

1. First, for you accurate and respectful communication... We all make mistakes... Taking responsibility in such an honorable manner is what makes the world a better place.
    2. Thank you for setting my registration to Applican Approval. Kindly note that I have 3 forums.
    3. I agree with you, the registration options should be part of the basic plan. No one can have a forum where anyone can register and posts. This undermines the power and simplicity of Vanillaforums.
    4. I agree, the basic forum offers advanced commercial features (integration with fb, etc) that must only be available to paying businesses who can afford the paid plans.
    5. I will abide by your respectful request not to duplicate a question and will edit out my other questions.
  • Sent you a Private Message reminder.
  • This is now done across all 3 of your sites.
This discussion has been closed.