Welcome to the new Customer Portal! We are still in the process of moving all our customers so please bear with us if you are temporarily unable to log in. You can still email support@vanillaforums.com!

announcements are not sticking anymore

I have tested this a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke with one specific post. For some reason on our forum, announcements are not sticking to the top of the discussion list. We are using the "sub-forum AND recent discussions" option when announcing, if that helps. Could we please have this addressed ASAP?

Comments

• +1 to this, not only on the subforum but on the recent discussions list.

• Hi @David_Quinn_Carder , I see 3 discussions stuck as announcements to the top of your main discussions list: http://forum.drawmixpaint.com/discussions

Did you perhaps "Dismiss" them? That would unstick them just for you.

• @Lincoln No, those were "announced" prior to this problem occurring. This problem is not retroactive — it only effects newly announced stuff. @mgbhard is having the same issue. The "dismiss" option is not available on these newly announced topics, so it's as if they are being auto-dismissed upon creation. I have tried creating announcements under two different usernames and I have viewed the results signed in as different users and also as a guest, and the results are the same.

• @mgbhard Your only 3 discussions that are marked as both "Announced on [category] and recent discussions" are in categories that have been marked "Hide from the recent discussions page."

• @Lincoln If you want temporary admin permissions (don't know if you can do that on your own), you can try it out on our forum yourself.

• @David_Quinn_Carder I have confirmed in your database that there are only 2 discussions that have been marked for announcing in Recent Discussions. I erred when I said it was "3" earlier - the third was is an illusion caused by a category-only announcement happening to be the most recent discussion with a comment.

What other discussion(s) have you attempted to announce?

• @David_Quinn_Carder I've found the source of confusion. The New Discussion form is setting the value incorrectly. I'll get a patch ready. Use the "Announce..." option under the options menu (gear icon) for the discussion to set your desired Announce level in the meantime.

• @Lincoln Thanks! I was just typing up a reply to say that we figured this solution out! I believe we tried the "Announce…" option on the Discussion List itself and that didn't work — I could be wrong, but you might want to double-check that. However, if I actually go into the discussion itself and announce through the gear icon, it does work.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.